TURN OFF WINDOWS FIREWALL.
The Ubiquity Unify Security Gateway is a "must have" part of any Ubiquity Unify hardware stack.
Yes, you can live without it ... but you can't live "happily" without it.
It has a LOT of problems. But, alas ... so do many things in life.
This post is about how to reset it. It's not intuitive.
Steps for an EXISTING IMPLEMENTATION (that has been working ... and for which you now want to reset):
1) Backup the Unify Controller
2) Turn off Windows Firewall (very important)
3) Reset the USG with a paper clip.
4) Using the command line interface ... and PUTTY (from a PC) ... follow the instructions in the post below ...
https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Rou ... -p/1845439
These are the important parts ...
- Default credentials for a device are ubnt/ubnt
- sh into the device (on IP 10.0.1.3) and type mca-cli on the CLI interface: set-inform http://ip-of-controller:8080/inform
- After issuing the set-inform, the UniFi device will show up for adoption. Once you click adopt the device will
ppear to go offline.
- Once the device goes offline, issue the set-inform command again. This will permanently save the inform address, and you'll see the device will start provisioning. So, resend the set-inform command again once/twice more after hitting the adopt button on the controller.